We believe in providing a rich and varied, high quality Early Years Education for our children. We recognise the importance of, and our responsibility to, an excellent Early Years Education as the “building blocks” for academic achievement, in terms of raising self-esteem, increasing confidence and independence and creating an enthusiasm for learning.
The Early Years (encompassing both Nursery and Reception) at Greenleaf Primary School delivers an holistic, high quality, broad, enriching and purposeful curriculum that is designed to:
- Establish solid foundations in the key skills of reading, writing and maths;
- Have consistently high expectations for all children regardless of background or ability;
- Help children acquire self-esteem and a sense of identity;
- Encourage curiosity, creativity and the ability to challenge themselves;
- Provide opportunities to explore and learn through play;
- Develop children’s critical thinking skills;
- Foster social skills and collaboration;
- Support understanding of right and wrong and appreciation of the diversity of our school community
- Enable children to take risks, make mistakes and learn from them;
- Look forward and aspire to be better and achieve more.
- Work in partnership with all those who are involved in the development of the child.
Children in Early Years follow a progressive, thematic curriculum, which has been thoughtfully designed to provide maximum progression and interest to the children. It celebrates diversity and utilises the skills, knowledge and cultural wealth of the community while supporting the pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.